- Working in an environment that fosters creativity and independence
- Exposure to a unique health care environment
- Flexible work hours
- A sense of satisfaction that comes from giving of yourself to others
Volunteer placement is based on the needs of our hospital, the kind of work you wish to do and the times you are available. We work hard to match your interests and talents with the needs of the hospital so that you will have a meaningful volunteer experience.
Here are the requirements for becoming a volunteer:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must commit to a minimum of 50 hours per year.
- You must submit to a complete background check, including references and criminal records.
- You must have up-to-date vaccinations, including tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
- You must take a drug test.
- You must attend a comprehensive orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position.
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer, download the volunteer application.
If an appropriate volunteer position is available, you will be contacted for an interview and hospital tour. If no appropriate openings are available when your application is received, we will keep your application on file for three months.
For more information, please contact our volunteer services department at 864-255-8754.
Each summer the hospital has openings for a limited number of 14-18 year old volunteers known as VolunTEENS. Some of the attributes we are looking for include scholastic aptitude, motivation, a sincere desire to help others and a positive attitude.
VolunTEEN applications become available on February 1 and are due by April 20 each year. Selections are announced by the first week of June.
Applications may be picked up at the hospital reception desk or requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more information contact the volunteer services department at 864-255-8754.