Volunteers are an invaluable part of our philosophy of care, whether working behind the scenes or interacting with patients, families and staff. Every volunteer position is important and provides a genuine service to our hospital and patients. As a volunteer at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Greenville you will discover a wealth of benefits, including:
- Working in an environment that fosters creativity and independence
- Exposure to a unique health care environment
- Flexible work hours
- A sense of satisfaction that comes from giving of yourself to others
Volunteer placement is based on the needs of our hospital, the kind of work you wish to do and the times you are available. We work hard to match your interests and talents with the needs of the hospital so that you will have a meaningful volunteer experience. Please note that there are no evening or weekend positions available. Volunteer opportunities take place between Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 AM-5 PM.
Here are the requirements for becoming a volunteer:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must commit to a minimum of 50 hours per year.
- You must submit to a complete background check, including references and criminal records.
- You must have up-to-date vaccinations, including tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
- You must take a drug test.
- You must attend a comprehensive orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position.
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer, please fill out the form below
If an appropriate volunteer position is available, you will be contacted for an interview. If no appropriate openings are available when your application is received, we will keep your application on file for three months.
Some examples of volunteer positions include:
- Tour guide
- Surgical waiting area
- Popcorn distribution
- Outpatient Clinic
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy